Monday, January 7, 2013

Home Made Laundry Soap!



Oh how I love this stuff!! I love the smell of good smelling Laundry soap and what better way then to save money and make my own right!? SOOOOOOOOOOO here is how you do it!!! (that song "this is how we do it") nahhhh LOL funny though right ;) anyway here we go! These are NOT my personal photos however I will upload my own very very soon. There are so many varies to this laundry soap- Some like no smell at all so if that is you just eliminate the Purex all together. & Oxy Clean is OPTIONAL but I love it so I used it!
_______________________________


For the bar soap you can use any of the 4;

Fels Naptha,
 Kirk’s Castile,
Zote, or
Ivory soap

I chose to use the Fels Naptha soap. Now different recipes call for different amounts I know I seen a zote that called for 2 bars and such so this is JUST what I used and how much. I figured the more the better smell and also more ingredients more laundry powder so longer lasting right!?

I use 5 bars per batch. & I used my food processor to grate it all up :) You can also do it by hand with a cheese grate but goodness that would be alot of work ;)


~That being said once you make it and love it; (because im sure you will) Its way cheaper to buy in bulk online and just make you a couple of batches, I suggest find a few friends and all go in and buy bulk of it so that you can save even more money! 


(1) 4lb box of Borax 



(1) 3lb box of Super Washing Soda


(1) 4lb box of Baking Soda (found by the baking supplies)




(1) 3lb Tub of Oxy Clean
-- Side Note: I did make 2 batches together AFTER I made the first batch and my mom and nanny wanted some so I made double batches I figured it would be easier since I had everything out and had already made one instead of cleaning the processor and then making more so when I made the double batch to save money (AGAIN) I went ahead and got the 5lb box of oxy clean so instead of (2) 3lb tubs I just used the 5lb tun so I ended up short a pound of oxy clean- I dont see where it makes much difference and I ended up saving some -$$$$$$$CHAAAAACHING!
(you can also find this in free form for allergies- I used the regular stuff)-


(1-2) bottles of Purex softener (I used 2- 55oz bottles in my double patch) 
I LOVE LOVE LOVE smell good ;)
- now this is a whole new game & you may have to alter this yourself there is not any wrong or right!! The first batch I made I used the purple (2) 28oz bottles (the recipie I found she used (2) bottles of the 55oz in one batch, I personally thought that was a little much and was TO STRONG ( little did I know ) because now I agree, If I were to make another small batch, I doubt I ever will I'll always make big batches im sure but if I were I would use (2) 55 oz bottles too!! The 2nd batch I made that I doubled up I used the blue bottle that is where the (2) 55oz bottles come in and it was plenty, I could have added one more for stronger scent but the blue was WAYYYYYYY more smelly so I just added 2 to the double batch.
 (&& I LOVEEEEEE the blue way better!! Now Ive never smelled the yellow so I am not sure what it is like but the blue bottle by far is my favorite!! 
I say play around with it some folks dont like all that smell but I have to have it!!
Sooooooooooo now that I have shared this goodness with you- I got me a 32quart tub and just poured stuff in and mixed it (Photos coming) Then I put what I could back in the Purex bottles for easy use and the rest is in the plastic bin. You can use the cap on the purex bottle for measure. The bottom line is 1 tablespoon and the middle is 2. I always use 2. My nanny uses 1 and she said that's plenty for her. Again it varies to your smell & load.



Shopping List for what I used:
1 (4 lb 12 oz) Box of Borax-
5 (5 1/2 oz) Bars Fels Naptha soap
 (2) 2lb boxes if you cant find the 4lb. 
1 (3 lb) Container of OxyClean-  
1-2 (55 oz) Bottle of Purex Crystals Fabric Softener




Thank you so much for stopping by!! Id love to hear your reviews and what you changed if anything!!
If you have any questions please leave them below or email me at;

1 comment:

  1. I so need this in my life! Can you add bleach to use with white loads?

    ReplyDelete